Thursday, 11 February 2010

Another Mothers Day Card


I recently had a wander to our local garden centre, inside i found a Works!! I was sooooooo happy, i love a nosey around the works for a bargain or two.

I found some albums for £5 that came with papers, vellums, stickers in the form of letters, frames, picture corners, and words such as Family, Memories and sweet little verses.

The plan is to do a album of the old photos i have from my childhood. BUT...I pinched a few papers and stickers to make this card for my Nan for mothers day.

Digging in the photo box i found a picture of her at my Mothers and Fathers wedding, am 29 and they married before i was conceived so it must be over 30 years old! I wanted something traditional and the papers were a great match for what i had in my mind.

I framed the picture with the stickers, layered it onto some card and have it stuck on with foam pads, i added a flower sticker to the bottom left and a panel that reads Happy Mothers Day with the letters to the right. Was missing a little something however i found fabric flowers to match in my box of bits. Inside i have added some coordinating velum as an insert to make the card that extra special.

I hope she likes it, she hates pictures of herself but i think she looks FAB!!

7 comments:

  1. She is going to love it, it's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty and feminine, she'll love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will love it! It's a lovely photo and looks fabulous how you framed it.
    I love the works too! It's one of my fave places to find bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does look fab! Her hat is fantastic! I love having a nose around the works, picking up 99p embellishment packs and squealing (How sad am I?)I love the card and those letter stickers are just fab.. well done on your bargain find :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely picture and card! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Nan is going to just love that card it is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete